Each mala is blessed and individually made in Ubud, Bali by a mother – daughter team, and women from their village. Your purchase helps support them!
Made of precious stones and meditation seeds called Rudraksha, which are revered for their unique energy and healing properties.
- Rudraksha seed is produced by several species of large evergreen broad-leaved trees, and are used in healing and meditation work. The seeds are energy conductors and their amazing powers come from the electromagnetic properties they possess, which are then transmitted to the human body when being worn.
- Traditionally, it is believed that the number of beads or stones used should be 108, plus one. 108 is an auspicious number in many mystical traditions, and the added Bindu Bead or Guru Bead represents Truth, higher consciousness, and the unity of all things.
- Malas are used for meditation, and to sanctify mind, body and soul.
More Than Just Jewelry…
- Wearing your mala beads can be a way to remind yourself to stay present and be mindful in your daily life.
- If you have a personal intention or goal, your mala can serve as a physical representation and reference which keeps you inspired to pursue it.
- In years past, mala beads were used as a form of protection, guarding against negative energy while providing the wearer with positive energy.
- If you are stressed or worried, you may find it soothing to run your mala beads through your fingers. It is also believed that by rubbing the Guru Bead with your thumb and middle finger that the wearer is able to relieve stress and calm anxieties.
- You mala can be used as a part of a mantra meditation to quiet the mind, and serves as a reminder of the importance of your unique and personal journey.