A Reflection Ritual for 2018
As we near the end of the year and enter into this season of celebration, gratitude, and self-reflection, I’d like to share something really special with you. Every December, I participate in a beautiful end of the year reflection ritual inspired by my transformative involvement in the Lifebook community. It looks something like this… I light some candles, brew a cup of hot tea, get cozy by the fireside with my dog nearby and settle in for a few hours of deep reflection and open-hearted honesty. The ritual is done by answering simple questions, which are designed to call forth mighty truth, inspiration and growth from deep within you. And now it’s your turn! Grab a pen and paper! Let’s reflect on all the things that made 2018 worth remembering. Take your time to write out all of your thoughts for each answer, no matter how big or small. You may be surprised how far you’ve come in just a year!
2018 Year-End Reflection
“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” -Lao Tzu
- What was your biggest triumph in 2018?
- What was the smartest decision you made in 2018?
- What one word or phrase best sums up and describes your 2018 experience?
- What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2018?
- What was the most loving service you performed in 2018?
- What is your biggest piece of unfinished business in 2018?
- What were the three most significant events of 2018?
- Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life in 2018?
- When did you feel most alive in 2018?
- What was the biggest risk you took in 2018?
- What was the biggest surprise in 2018?
- What was your biggest failure in 2018?
- What fears surfaced in your life in 2018?
- What is one thing you can forgive yourself for in 2018?
- What is one thing you can forgive another for 2018?
- What was your biggest learning experience in 2018?
- What will you vow to NEVER do again? Do more of?
- What one area do you feel stuck in from 2018 that you would like to improve in 2019?
- Is there something from 2018 that you still need to let go of?
- What important relationships improved the most in 2018?
- What compliment would you like to have received in 2018?
- What compliment would you like to have given in 2018?
- What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2018?
Wishing you all a beautiful and happy new year! With Love + Namaste, Stacy